Welcome back to my blog! In this post, I’m sharing with you how ways to use coconut oil. I LOVE coconut oil. Not any coconut oil, it needs to be Organic Virgin Coconut oil, in other words, it needs to have a strong smell and flavour. It might be the Island girl in me. 🙂
Let me start by saying that all coconut oil is not the same. Even when they claim to be organic, the flavour can vary from a company to another. A good quality coconut oil is important if you will consume it.
Not only coconut oil is good for your health, but it also gives your food a nutty flavour. It has a unique composition of fatty acids. It has great health benefits such as: boosting heart health, boosting fat burning, it has a high smoking point; which is ideal for sauté your vegetables.
Mix a tablespoon of coconut oil in your morning coffee and you’ll have more energy throughout the day. Your body quickly assimilates coconut oil and converts it into energy.
3. Makeup remover
Remove your makeup without compromise. Makeup removers are filled with are mostly harmful and unnecessary chemicals. Coconut oil does the job just as well. Not only will it remove your makeup, but it’s great for your skin too.
4. Shave body
You’re out of shaving cream or want to shave with something natural? No problem, coconut oil to the rescue. Not only will it make shaving a breeze, but it will soothe your skin and prevent irritation.
5. Skin lotion
Applying coconut oil directly after getting out of the shower, while your skin is still wet, especially after dry skin brushing will leave your sky supple and moisturized.
6. Hair treatment
Coconut oil has been used by women in India for centuries to achieve thick, strong hair. In addition to strengthening your hair, coconut oil also fights dandruff. Head lice can be killed using coconut oil. It’s that powerful.
7. Breath freshener
Oil pulling is originally an Ayurvedic remedy from India. It claims to help dental health and hygiene and helps to remove toxins from our mouth. Oil pulling has been popular throughout the years. Coconut oil can be considered as “mouthwash”. Oil pulling can also remove harmful bacteria in your mouth.
So, how does oil pulling work?
- Take about a tablespoon of coconut oil and put it in your mouth.
- Swish the oil around your mouth for about 15–20 minutes (yes, I know it’s long.) If you can’t do it for that long, I would suggest starting with five minutes and increasing the duration as you’re more comfortable.
- Spit out the oil, then brush your teeth.
Another easy way would be to make your own natural toothpaste.
DIY Natural toothpaste:
– 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
– 3 tbsp baking soda
– 1 tbsp of stevia extract
– 15-20 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Melt the coconut oil on very low heat.
2. Combine all the ingredients together and mix very well.
3. Add it to a jar or tube and store it in a cool place.
4. Using a tool, apply the mixture to your toothbrush and brush as normal.
Hope you enjoy this post! If there are other ways you use coconut oil, feel free to share it!