Did you know that your skin is your largest organ?
Dry skin brushing is ideal for improving the quality of your skin. It helps exfoliate skin pores and detoxify your skin by promoting lymphatic flow and drainage. Brushing your skin will open up your pores and release toxins under your skin and give you more radiant skin. It is an excellent addition to your morning or night routine. I personally prefer dry skin brushing at night, just because it allows me to relax and it relaxes me before going to bed.
Benefits of dry skin brushing:
- May reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Eliminate dry skin
- Improve blood circulation
- Cleanse the lymphatic system
- May improve digestion
- Plump your skin
- Unclog pores
- Promote wellness and happiness! 🙂
How to dry skin brushing:
1. Brush your skin in an upwards direction going through the direction of your heart.
2. Brush your skin in a wide, circular, clockwise motion.
3. Use light pressure on thin skin and harder pressure on thicker skin, such as the soles of your feet.
4. Brush your arms after you have brushed your legs, feet, and midsection. Next, you should brush your arms upwards toward your armpits.
5. To remove dry skin after dry brushing, take a cool shower.
6. After your shower, on damp skin, apply organic oils to moisturize your skin.
*It is essential to use a non-toxic body soap and moisturizer after brushing your skin. My all-time favourite soaps are Dr. Bronner’s, as you probably know by now! And to moisturize, my favourite oil to use is Organic Virgin Coconut oil; however, you can use any Organic oil of your choice.
When you should skin brush?
You should skin brush before taking your shower. After brushing your skin, wash off any dead skin cells and flaky skin. Be sure to apply lotion afterward to put moisture back into your skin. Also, make sure to drink a lot of water to flush out the toxins from your body.
Make sure to wash your brush with soap once a week.
*Important: When purchasing a brush, you want to go for natural bristles, not synthetic. Here are a few options:
Happy skin brushing!